Saturday, July 10, 2010

Saturday

Okay let's get this started.

Well, I awoke this morning at an earlier time then usual. 10 am. Whoo. I was just laying there praying that it would rain for the day, thunder, lightening, the whole shebang. Why you may ask would I want that. Because there was a graduation party of an "acquaintance" that I truly did not want to partake in the frivolities with. Thankfully it did start to thunder and rain and all that jazz that makes weather oh so delicious. Anyway, my pre-morning panic attack was set on hold for then.

I have comcast. On Demand, all that. Well actually just HBO and Encore, but you know what I meant. So me being the movie fanatic that I am, spend alot of time watching movies, alot more then I should actually. My currant movie obsession (I go by actors/themes/genre/etc) is Val Kilmer. Coincidentally, there was a Val Kilmer marathon on The Saint, the one where he's like half-native american, Top Gun, Real Genius...you get the idea. Oh yeah I mentioned On Demand because I had just ordered one of his movies that is very difficult to find online, The Salton Sea. I have yet to finish it (I hate that, buying a movie, you should watch it beginning to end, not stop halfway through, you wouldn't do that in a theatre would you? no of course not it be stupid, so why is it acceptable at home. Because its your home and you hold the power, well yeah, but still its not how I enjoy my movie experience) because my family decided on buying all the glorious movie channels that comcast has to offer. So we now have Showtime, Max, Starz, so on and so forth. Which I'm quite content about, what with me being all about the movies. Though looking through the movie list on each channel, I found it rather lacking in choice. To be fair though, Showtime did have alot to offer in my not so publicized movies. So now I hate until everyone goes to bed so I may finish my movie in peace. That is another thing I despise, when people talk during a movie, especially at home, I mean I understand it is our home, it is not a theatre but still! Come on people! Is it necessary to answer your phone or have a discussion while a movie that I bought is playing on the television right in front of you? You are obvioulsy aware that there is a movie going on at the moment, do you not. So shush. Please. I guess I should make a list about all the things I hate about watching films with others and my idea of the movie going experience. Alright then. Here we go.

10 Things People Do during Movies that I hate:
1. Talking
2. Whispering (your mouth is still forming words people, I don't care if you are being quite)
3. Singing Along with the Soundtrack
4. CellPhones (they even tell you at the beginning, that's a huge hint)
5. Kicking the back of your seat
6. Putting your feet up (unless no one is in that seat or within a one seat radius)
7. Babies (leave them with the babysitter at home, where it's okay to cry annoyingly)
8. Throwing Popcorn at the screen (is it really necessary)
9. Narrarating (we understand what's going on, because we too are watching the same movie)
10. Tall people who sit in front of shorter people ("I'm sorry I have to move a building was just built in front of me")

That's about all I can think of on the spot. I'm certain there is more.

You know what I like...of course you don't, you don't know me. I like movies from the 80's and 90's. I like those highschool flicks about the kids and all, turning into vampires, and being fashionable in fuschia, lunch bunch, those kinds. I like how crappy the movie looks in comparison to the movies made now. What with CGI and all that jazzy jazz. Not that I don't appreciate what the 21st century has brought to film I just like the less computerized movies more. Now that I think about it though, Labyrinth was a great movie, was that computerized? I assume some of it may have been. I know the crystal juggling was real, and the Ludo costume had a person in it but maybe it was like half computerized??? David Bowie was fantastic in that. Anyway.

Thanks to the internet the youth of today are able to get their hands on those kinds of movies, the ones that aren't shown on tv or are on On Demand. Should I say just On Demand or on On Demand. It seems redundant to say on On Demand...anyway. I mean I just saw the movie L.I.E starring Paul Dano and Brian Cox, great movie! I find my movies, by that whole six degrees of separation thing, I see one movie, I enjoy an actors performance so I shall research them. Example: The Quiet-Camilla Belle->Ballad of Jack and Rose-Paul Dano-> The Emperors Club-Emile Hirsch->Lords of Dogtown-Heath Ledger->Casanova-Jeremy Irons.

Well you know how that chain continues.

I actually wish my small town had a movie store, not a blockbuster, but an actual you know, movie store. Where every movie is there, old, new, indi, horror, foreign, whatever. Foreign, what ever happened to that "i" before "e" except after "c" rule. Who the hell comes up with this shit, because obviously it isn't true. I dislike the education system so much. I think I may be exaggerating though, I think I just dislike how much faith kids put into it. I have a sister who is in elementary school and she brought home a book entitled "The Marvelous Adventure of...I forget a bunny or something" the important thing is the Marvelous part. So she comes home and tells me that she and her class just got done reading the...pay attention "Miraculous Adventure of whatchamacallit" I tell her it is wrong, that it is Marvelous. You know what she said "NO it's Miraculous, that's what my teacher said". She's eight people, do you understand how hard it is to sway an eight year old from her opinion regardless of obvious proof. I proceded to show her the cover of the book with the words Marvelous and yet she stuck to her statement that what her teacher said was right. I was forced to tell her that sometimes her teachers were wrong. Our mother didn't take to kindly to that, she told my sister that sometimes people make mistakes and that you can't always believe what you hear. Bullshit. Well not entirely. I was of the strong opinion that my sisters teacher should probably know what her course material is before she reads it and that my sister needs a serious dose of reality if she believes in her teacher more than her eyes. Imagine a month later when she was learning math and I had to tell her that the book was wrong. That took about an hour. That and the one time she put 6 times 8 into a calculator and somehow got 500. That lasted an entire day, and she still didn't believe me.

Rant over.

It is now 10:05, and I feel as though that is a proper time for me to retire for the night.

Quick Fact About Me: I own the complete series of "A bit of Fry and Laurie", "Firefly", and "Jeeves and Wooster"

"This blog was written of my own volition"- C.S

No comments:

Post a Comment