Monday, July 12, 2010

Monday

Let's get this thing started. Shall we.

It took me quite a while before I learned to understand the way television works. Not the actual television itself, the shows and such. How disappointed was I when I realized the shows I watched in Winter weren't on in the Summer. So my usually spent Monday nights watching House are now incomplete and empty. As we've come to realize my love for movies the same goes for television shows. In fact television works better for me in the long run, sure I can always watch a movie again, but it never changes, the ending stays the same, I'll soon see the film so many times that I'll even start memorizing lines and scenes. A show though, that is a continuous, ever growing, ever evolving, ever...(I've run out of words and I'm semi-sure that growing and evolving are synonyms). Take a show like House, a team of doctors, a hospital, sick people, sure sounds like every other doctor show out there (Greys Anatomy, ER, Scrubs) yet House serves as that comfortable balance between those two extremes, ER and Greys are too serious, Scrubs too comedic. Take into account the great British actor Hugh Laurie, and my personal favorite Robert Sean Leonard, a dash of the ever charming Lisa Edelstein and a zest of variety amongst the main characters team (who are ever changing) and I believe it makes for a great show, others might disagree.

So now that I've really nailed in the point that I have zilch to do on Monday nights, I have taken the opprotunity to expand my horizons. In shows and such, not life, I'm not going to go hang glider just because my show isn't on anymore. So as I mentioned in my last blog, I have acquired all the channels that Comcast has to offer. Max is all dirty, Starz is well nice but not my cup of tea, HBO been there seen it all, Showtime though was a little gem. "My One and Only" was a very nice film. Starz isn't so bad I did enjoy the StarzInside movie about character actors, extras, the title was something like Familiar Faces. I enjoyed it, because I always enjoyed the character actors in films, the extras, the leading mans best friend or brother, or the leading ladies mother or neighbor. Anywho.

I am also trying to finish watching The Kid with Charlie Chaplin. I am extremely infatuated with Charlie Chaplin, not quite sure if its just the character or the man himself. Well I just finished reading a book about him and I loved it. So I've been trying to get ahold of some of his films, there was a Silent Film festival called Slapsticon that I was dying to go to, but alas I was unable. So thankfully Youtube has come to my aid, as always. Amazon.com as well has helped me, I plan on spending a few bucks on Chaplin films.

You'll have to excuse my hopping from subject to subject. I'm in a bit of a negative mood. One can't be perky all the time my dear. Sometimes its a job just getting out of bed, but thats a whole other story.

I was talking about expanding my horizons, well that is true. I just tried to watch a Hitchcock film, Vertigo to be precise. Now I'm not going to be a negative nuisence and put down the film, there was nothing wrong with it. I found it interesting, compelling and yet, maybe it was just my mood, I couldn't seem to get the hype of a Hitchcock film. I mean I can understand why his films are so loved, they have that "cult classic" feel to them. Like they were made to be adored and loved. I assume like Quentin Tarantino films, one just has to have an appreciation for them, you have to really love them. I feel indifferent to both of these directors films, but I understand how people take such joy in them.

I have the sweet sound of music drifting from my laptop to my ears. What style of music is that, for songs like "If I didn't Care","Bye Bye Blackbird", "Bewitched" and "I Wanna be Loved by You". Sort of a 1920's vibe, I have no idea. But I enjoy those songs, in comparison to todays love songs, nothing really lives up to the romance of those old style songs. I mean really, how does Akons "Sexy Bitch" really meet the standards in telling a woman she is beautiful. Love songs today are just not what they used to be. Where are those songs about romance and love, endearment and all the heart and soul one can give to another. Of course, perhaps we put romance on a pedestool. There really can't be men like Mr.Darcy out there or women who ooze elegance. What do I know though, I have years ahead of me. Regardless, I grow tired of this and must retire for the night. Rightly so, it is past midnight. For movie goers I insist upon seeing The History Boys, it is a movie from a play but still all the same actors and such and a wonderful story. You know what play I would enjoy seeing, The Invention of Love.

Quick Fact About Me: My favorite Robert Frost poem is "Fire and Ice"

"This blog was written of my own volition"- C.S

No comments:

Post a Comment